Well, this article is for beginners – Mainly the ones who are looking information on Cold Emailing.
Cold Emailing is one way of reaching and establishing a communication channel with your prospects.
There are several videos on youtube for cold emailing, here is my take on the same.
- You would need to find out the email of your prospects.
- There are several tools for finding email id — I recommend hunter.io
You can place 100 requests for free in emailhunter.io. Ie means you will be able to use the tool for searching for 100 times. Hope you got it.
3. You need to check whether an email is opened or not. It gives you the indication, they have opened your email or not. It helps to gauge your cold emailing strategy. Will come later to this topic.
Am using https://mailtrack.io/ for tracking this. It’s a free tool. There are several tools for doing the same. You can just google.
4. Scheduling your emails — its more important thing, you need to send the emails when the prospects are available. There is no point in sending emails @ midnight, probably when he/she is sleeping.
You have several tools for scheduling your emails. I am using HubSpot scheduling feature, which is part of our CRM Solution.
Search in google, you will hundreds of free email schedule plugin to do the job.
5. the most important thing, is the format of your cold emails. Here are the few guidelines I am using in my cold emails.
- The lesser number of links / no links (There are higher probability your emails will land in spam box if there are more number of links embedded in the email. Since every promotional email will have 4+ links to the promotional site. I never use any kind of links for the emails.)
- Keep it short, not a mini-essay on what is your company about. No stories.
- First two lines should be about them, the next two lines should be about you and how you found them and most importantly why are you reaching them.
- Follow-ups – yeah we all need to follow up them. Make sure you dont push yourselves too much. You might land up in spam inbox. (I am planning to 3-day rule for followup. Every 3 day am gonna follow up my customer. after 4 cycles of follow-up, i would try to reach them directly via telephone.)
- Yeah, the subject line is more important, it needs to be short. Please dont take the advice of spam ideas. Write a couple of headlines and you will figure on how to write subject lines.
- First few days on cold emailing will take a longer time. thats fine. Its taking time for me to send around 40 emails in a day. Its okay, it will pass as on the time passes by.
- How many cold emails you need to send in a month – it depends upon the industry and niche you are working. Am someone who is working at B2B Niche, am planning to send around 100 Emails/day, that would result in 100*22 = 2200 emails per month. Which is quite less. When you take the followups and other mail communications. Let’s say 3500 emails/month.
- Is it good to use any kind of mass emailing tools – to be frank, I havent tried yet. So it’s better I dont comment on it.
- There are a couple of templates available, I would recommend take the inspiration from those templates and design your own template for cold emailing.
Free Templates from Hubspot.
Hope this article is helpful for you guys. Let me know otherwise. Happy to hear from you guys and learn about the same.